Eight months after pre-announcing V5.4, and with an intensive and long set of tests and real meeting experiences, a new version of 3DXplorer V5.4 is released. As of today, the ‘Last Release” status is attached to V5.4.08.
The most important feature is a more robust and higher quality VOIP, which uses a dedicated port if the user’s firewall authorizes it (if not, the standard port 80 is used).
Among other new features:
- “Mute audience” button is replaced by a moderator’s control panel allowing a moderator to control separately voice, Desktop Sharing, lasers, chat moderation and video broadcast
- “Voice” button is replaced by “Mic” and “Speakers” buttons to increase users control on audio settings
- Presentation features (ie: Desktop Sharing, laser, video broadcast), voice and chat moderation can now be activated/blocked individually for each avatar
- Skinning import improved for max 2010 COLLADA exports
- Faster and more reliable network synchronization
- The size of a video overlay/popup can be set in the material editor
- New meeting planner with invitation text supporting 8 different languages for 3DX/Online Meeting and 3DX/Conferencing, and customizable invitation templates.
- And many bugs fixed.
Many of you have set your version to a test release to use VOIP, so please make sure you reset your space to LAST RELEASE status.
Enjoy the new features and please feedback.